Wednesday 6 August 2008

Lagos here i come!!!

Yes!



The original plan very early last year was a holiday...or down payment for my Audi A4

allow me to dream now!



My mate's getting married next weekend and im the Best man, im mega excited by this cos the last and 1st time i was best man, i was only 19 and it was a last minute move for an uncle, so this will be the first real 'man' experience.



As best man, i was shouldered with the burden of doing the shopping for the groom, myself and groom's men, an exciting opportunity for me...calling on my experience of 2 years as a retail manager..i didnt spare him the costs! ha! ha!!



Getting a ticket was expensive (the bastard chose the high season to marry)



We met during NYSC orientation in some eastern state and we became friends, we got to stay in the same house after orientation and deployment, we both moved back to lagos after settiling the Local govt officials. He was moving to the UK soon after NYSC and he had this terrible send off party after the passing out ceremony that had boys drinking till 2am in the morning and sleeping in their vomits.



He got to the UK and became born again! i remember my shock when i got to london and 'brother tunde' was full of scriptures, i was skeptical for months but he remained fervent. He was and is a true friend, he was there unconditionally when i went through some rough patches and those times and good deeds have stayed with me..he is definitely worth the time and effort!



I am sincerely happy that he's crossing into this phase of his life with his girlfriend of 9 years! and i am honoured to make sure he crosses that bridge! 3 happy cheers to the couple.



How's that for the Best man's speech.. lol... i lost the plot and storyline ages ago(im wasting man hours writing this blog)



Anyways, i shall be landing Las Gidi on the 11th! i am really looking forward to this trip actually...



Any Gidi resident bloggers looking to hook up? Ibi, this is an open invitation.

28 comments:

Anonymous said...

o my lord!

Anonymous said...

yayyy congrats to him and have fun.

Afrobabe said...

Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrsttttt.

Annons dont count!!!

Lol @ forgetting the plot, shit happens..
Hope you get a cute blogger babe to accompany you…have fun..
Funny enough one of my best friends today was someone I met and lived with during NYSC.

Enigma said...

Afro: lol, i tried checking out who this annon was..forgerrit! thanks for dropping by tho..
Na blogger you sef dey check for you Risk analysis office abi? well done

Chris Ogunlowo said...

Lagos is waiting for you.

U sef don turn born again?

Enigma said...

Aloofar: Only God can judge me! I plead the Fifth!

Ms.O said...

Aww have fun on ur trip!!!

ibiluv said...

awwwwwwwwwww

with such a public invite

i can only accept

hit me up........
ibiluv@live.com

congrats to ya paddy........

erm........when is urs??????

Lighty 'neferet' Kopearl said...

a wedding? this shuld be fun. and best-man as well am sure u're gonna av a blast.

av fun and make sure u dont take the bridesmaid home, now that would be naughty.

Afrobabe said...

yes oh...spend 5 hours on bloger, 1 hour at lunch and the remaining 2 analysing risk....

aren't I good?

Invisible said...

Na sisi them say make you go find for las gidi abi na wedding you dey go do?
See as ibiluv sef jump at the invitation, lol.
Enjoy man! Bring something for me o

misspumping said...

have fun jare cant wait i move to lagos finally next month please be easy the naija chicks o they can like london boyd

badderchic said...

Do i get an autograph?

when u come to Lagos that is. I can show you where you can have point and kill amongst other things

just book me as your tour guide.

lol. Im happy for you jere.

parry's on my page.

badderchic said...

you wont believe it.

check out prt 3

badderchic@gmail we go discuss tour guidance for lasgidi. send me a sex message, sorry ses message, sorry email, woo o ti jasii.

me too Im not jokinn naa haba

bumight said...

have fun at the wedding, and bring back kinishi for me!

Nigerian Drama Queen said...

Your friends dated for 9 years? Thats intense, fa real. Congratulations to em.
You know weddings are the hooking up spot, so bring back betta jist from lag oh!
Good luck with the best man speech. Knock em dead

Parakeet said...

I love weddings. And really wassup with people coming to jand and becoming born again. There's this guy i knew back in school on those days that we used to call 'oguro' cos he drank a lot. The guy was a real bad boy but not he too since getting to London 2 years ago is proper born again. Its good sha. Me sef wish to be born again. Lol!
Hey good luck with being best man and fill us in on the gist when its all done.

Lady said...

I,VE MISSED U MEHNNNNN!!!!!!!!!AND NOW UR IN GIDI.....WHERE INTERNET IS NOT A COMODITY!!!!!!!!!!
THAT WAS ACTUALLY NOT BAD FOR A BEST MAN SPEECH......went to a wedding recently and all the best man could say was "i mean he is just a fantastic guy.......i mean......absolutely fantastic......as in the bobo get fashion sense oooooo..everytime he come up...looking like P-SQUARE"
need i say more?
p.s:I MISS YOU TERRIBLY SHA......XOXO

Smaragd said...

reading this, i "almost thought" it was thesame wedding as the one i went to on sat, only to find out that urs is next week.

welcome back to naijizzle!

hope u have fun (now that 3rd mainland is in rehab)

badderchic said...

Preparations yii ma le gaan! how u dey?

Invisible said...

This one that everyone is offering to be your "tour guide", e be like say me sef go make one trip come naija o.

Lady said...

INVISIBLE.....I WILL PERSONALLY FLY TO GIDI..A DAY B4..JUST TO TAKE U ROUND..anythng for u papi!!!!!!!xoxo

ENIGMAAAAAAAAA COME BACK ALREADY JO!!!!!!! DNT EVEN KNU Y AM MISSING UR ASS..its not as if u gave me baiday prsent sef!*hiss*

badderchic said...

Best man, be the best man you can be mein!

Buttercup said...

i love that audi A4!!!

awww congrats to ur friend...wow 9yrs! thats somn...thats the kinda thing i've always wished for..*sighs*

u were a bestman at 19?? wow..

sooooo, hows las gidi treatin ya??

Invisible said...

Lady koko, all for me? I dey trip o.
How you fly to yankee first, let me give you a tour before you fly to las gidi to give me a tour ;-)

Afrobabe said...

You in naija now???

please bring me kilishi oh...

Anonymous said...

O yea I am jus seeing this one o...whao...brosi eh holla o!

if ur on yahoo msngr jus IM me...so we can arrange drinks...jigglypuffywuffy

chi-grace said...

Girlfriend of 9yrs!! That is just sooo cool!

Hope you had fun!