Tuesday 10 June 2008

Anger management!

I suffer from repressed/controlled anger..I get ticked of very very easily but I do my best not to react immediately...sometimes I’m too slow to react too.. It has its good and bad results..

On the good side, I don't suffer from the terrible results of my violent or angry reaction..I.e. regret. I have the tendency to be violent...like there's a Hyde to my Dr Jekyll nature.. Some blame it on the fact that I stammer... Don't get me wrong, I do react sometimes, not violently though..I just talk, or shout or hit my head. And when hyde manifests, I face the wall and throw a couple of rallying blows..it does hurt but I’ll rather do that than hit someone, most especially NOT a woman..

I remember the week before, on the way out with madam, she made a comment that hit the raw red zone...I kept quiet at first...but it was too much to contain, I faced her with raging eyes and said 'you tick me off so hard sometimes you know?' faced the brick wall and did my thing..ended up with bleeding knuckles.. I've got the scabs to show for it.. I shortly apologized...

Don't get me wrong... I don't agree with hurting oneself to deal with anger, but for me it’s just safer to deal with it that way than take it out on someone...I sometimes go running or visit the gym..a good workout puts Mr. hyde to sleep...

The amazing thing about me though is even though the bible preaches that 'we shouldn't let the sun go down on our anger' for me its the reverse..my last resort is sleep. If you don't succeed in placating me..just allow me sleep. I wake up the next morning with a fresh page..all my vexations buried in dreamland..

I hate it when people react to angry situations straight away without considering the repercussions..it’s the regrets that I can't deal with..I wonder 'why didn't you think about it in the first place?' I remember my last breakup, while we were still trying to work out situations, got home one day and saw her keys in the mailbox, she had come while I was out and cleared her stuff and left the keys...i smiled..she took every single item but she missed a book so I texted her straight away and said 'oh, you missed a book'... yes, just that.(like it was a soap opera or movie) It’s the facebook thingy that I hate the most, changed status message to some corny/cheesy line aimed at me.. edited profile from 'in a relationship' to 'single' and people asking questions and stuff..please what message are you trying to pass across? That you are saving me from drama? Yes, point taken! Clearly sef... She then asks why am I not making the effort to get us back together? Oh, didn't you think about that before clearing out your stuff and all? I just don't have the mental strength to deal with that mein!

Enough of my ramblings....just going through one of my phases..Im not vexing o.. Just got a little ticked off recently...but this time, I’m just keeping quiet ;-)

I'll prolly write about that soon..

7 comments:

Lady said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lady said...

MY DARLING MR. ENIGMA..WAT IS VEXXXING YOU OOO??? AHN AHN..LADY KOKO HAS COME BACK NAWW!!!!!!!!ALL FOR YOU OOO!!!!!!!!LOLOLOL....(hopefully i shud have gotten a smile by now)
gosh ur right u knu...IN THE PAST I TOO FEEL THERE WERE SO MANY SITUATIONS WHERE I REACTED HASTILY!!!!!!(am soo glad i didnt hastily delete my blog tho..hehe) AND U KNU WOT..UR JUST LIKE MY BIG BRO..ALTHO HIM HE RARELY GETS ANGRY BUT WEN HE DOES.....DAYMNNN..JUST GIVE HIM SPACE AND LET HIM DO HIS THING..ONCE HE PUNCHed THROUGH MY BEDROOM WALL..I WAS SOO SCaRED I BURST OUT CRYING..then he burst out crying..loolololol...SO IMAGINE WOT HE WUD HAVE DONE IF IT WAS ME HE HAD PUNCHED..wud probably threaten to hang himself..lololool..COS D DUDE LOVEs LADY KOKO NO BE SMALL...i mean u will just have to figure out wot other way to release the frustration..LIKE THE GYM AS U SED..HECK ITS BETTA THAN GETTING BLEEDING KNUCKLES....dnt scare madame ooooo....women dnt hear he hit me by mistake ooo...SO CONTINUE TO FIND UR OULET....LIKE U SED...HITTING SOMEONE ESPECIALLY A WOMAN..IS A NO NO!!!!!.....
p.s: i missed you sha...it felt like a year..lolololol..
p.s.s: xoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxxoooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxxooxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox(beat that suckerr!!!!!hehe)

Jay said...

I get you big time...i use to be miss "i don't want to upset anyone". However that got too much for me and i released all the pent up one day and there was a big explosion...there were no survivors, the bullet hit everyone.

So now, for the sake of my sanity and safety of loved ones i release slowing when am upst. I am not a fast reactor either...i always take time out and create space between me and the "one that i want to physically harm" lol....and then tell them why i am upset after i am calm and in control

Don't hit the walls...think of those fine fingers...lol

Nice blog...i think this is my first time here. Will be back.

ibiluv said...

when i am mad...........

i write a stinker and or take a long walk...........
calms me down.......

now why did u have to do that to those fingers......what with the *work* they are expected to do?????

Miz Arkitect said...

oh wow.... you need to work on that... you might hurt your self, or someone someday...
we all get angry and for sure everyone deals with it differently ..
for me, I write.. as soon as i am mad all i need to calm me down is a piece of paper and a pen and i wud be just fyne. as far as i let it out. i am good.. you need to find a better medium to pass out that anger.

ur ex: yep some actions we make @ the spur of the moment and regret it later..dont we all have on?

Anonymous said...

Another reason why sleep is so precious!

Your ex obviously expected you to beg her to stay. Too bad for her you didnt.

My dear why dont you try hitting a pillow instead..its a lot less painful! You could try diverting your thoughts and removing yourself from the situation.

For the repressed anger, talking to someone else about the situation you are angry about might help.

Ms.O said...

wow...U are kinda like me...personally I don't let things annoy me anymore. Like i have trained myself to only get angry when necessary because for sure things get broken and well like you said i never think. so I avoid it all together by just not getting angry at all. Oh well...different strokes for different folks..:D