Monday 2 June 2008

Im still in love with my ex...

Na lie! Im not refering to myself o..

Was invited to a leaving do last weekend, an opportunity to hang out with old mates on a friday night..why not? interestingly, i invited 'madam' along...

Got to the restaurant, holding hands with madam, smiling cos i had seen familiar faces, only to walk closer to the table and there she was...my recent ex!

I should have known! silly me, why didnt it cross my mind that she would get the same invitation i got? Oh well, shit happens...there goes my appetite and jolly mood. A round of stiff hugs and a wave in her direction, we sit.

Menus were passed around and i overheard her telling someone 'im not hungry anymore now'...yeah, same here thanks!

Moments later, food was served and as i picked at my plate, all i could feel were cold stares in my direction, i really couldnt wait to leave..didnt wait around for desert, settled our bill and said my goodbyes! Everyone was asking why we were leaving so soon... story, abeg free me!

Madam 'boned' all the way home.. lol, sorry o.

Text from ex next morning... 'i want to talk to you, call me'
I wasnt disappointed, been expecting some sort of message since last night!

Took my time and then made the call

me: Hey, wassup?
ex: dont know, you tell me

me: whats there to tell you?
ex: so the rumours are true?

me: what rumours?
ex: what rumours? you were there last night with her! so i want to know, is it true?

me: 'laughin' you lot are funny, you ask me to call for this?
ex: i just want to hear it from your mouth before anyone else tell me

me: i really dont have the time for this, i owe nobody any explanation, i've got a right to my life you know?
ex: alright, calm down...so do you like her?

me: err.. obviously (rolling eyes)
ex: someone saw your picture on her facebook profile, you still wear the necklace i gave you?

me: err.. yes?
ex: i dont want you wearing it..

me: 'laughing' i dont believe this! its a bloody necklace! that i picked myself..yeah u paid for it, but its a gift you gave me, its mine! to do whatever i want with! so what do i do with it when i take it off?
ex: do whatever you want with it, i just dont want you wearing it!

me: i really dont believe this, the damn wristwatch im wearing is from you! im surrounded by your memorabilia, so i dont get your point...i cant believe we are having this conversation, so what if i tell you its off and i still wear it? you're not making any sense you know? of all the trivialities in this world? a necklace? are you really alright? infact, im taking it off as we speak!
ex: ok, im sorry, it just feels somehow..i miss our friendship, i thought we were great friends

me: if i can remember clearly, you told me you were deleting my numbers (funny when you can tell my 2 mobiles and landline off the top of your head) and you told me not to get in touch with you in any way, was i wrong by respecting your wishes?

An hour and a half later, we round up our conversation, long and short: she wants us to be best friends, we used to spend hours talking, she never stopped loving me, but she'll survive. I say im not sure about that, i dont think it will work that way, i cant spend hours on the phone with you catching up and stuff, im not sure i can deliver that level of friendship you desire..

In the real sense, i dont agree with being best friends with the ex, infact, its a struggle remaining friends! i remember a phonecall at midnight, she was pissed off drunk, incoherent! asking me to come pick her up in some remote london location! nah! aint down for that mein! No long thing!

Bottom line, if you go date oyinbo, think well! The mental and emotional baggage they come with is way out of this world. No niger girl will put you through some of their ludicrous (hope i got the spelling right) way of thinking and approach to life, on the plus side, it was an interesting learning experience.

So glad i can crack jokes again in yoruba (the ones that lose their meaning once you translate in english)...with madam....'wink'......

4 comments:

ibiluv said...

totally feel u on dating a person u can talk "the language" with....some stuff just dont sound as good once translated.....

good for u.....

Lady said...

oh ma gosh!!!!!!!!!!! THAT IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE CONNECTION U GET FROM BEING ABLE TO UNDERSTAND EACH OTHA JOKES...EVEN BEING ABLE TO GET EXCITED WEN A NMBER FROM DBANJ IS ON..nothing compares to that bond!!!!!!!!!!! AM SMILING FROM EAR TO EAR NOW.....SEBI ITS U NAIJA GUYS THAT ARE ALWAYS SAYING...AHN..U NAIJA GALS..THIS AND DAT....WELLL U SEE NOW...AT THE END OF D DAY...ON ONE DOES IT LIKE A TRUE NAIJA SISTA(i say true..cos there are many wannabe's out there....u knu what i mean..the types that think being true to ur heritage is razz..saying u eat amala....is down right degrading...changing their name from BUKOLA...to LAUREN..u get da drift)...AM HAPPY THIS SOLIDIFIES EVERY WORD I GIVE MA NAIJA MALE FRIENDS....i dunno about the otha naija gurlls ooo....but i knu ms.cocoa will hold a naija man down....
p.s: madame....obviously has some cocoa touch in her too...am happy for u darling...and pls...wear ur necklace and ur watch....
p.p.s: occupation:FASHIONISTA HUH??? same here...we shud go shopping sum time....perhaps on cyberspace....xoxo

Enigma said...

@ibiluv: never realised what difference 'same lang' makes..she said i was narrow minded!

@ms.cocoa brown: i swear you're spot on on the dbanj number..i couldnt play naija jams cos it was 'rude'..
lol @ the wannabes..cant stand the ones that put up the 'jand' accent with the name too...

NaijaBabe said...

Lol...I totally feel the 'same joke' dilemma...You cant say all your 'stuvvings' and 'jo jo jo's' and drop the booty to that mo hit booty call number!
Lol at cocoa....true tru..its these same guys that complain that naija babes are thi n that...you dont know what u have till u lose it!